Monday, November 25, 2013

Getting Acquainted : Meet the Parents

The Goal : Let's All Get Along

After he proposed, I wanted him to ask my parents for permission. I've always been much of a daddy's girl, and although I knew my dad would approve of this guy, I'm sure he would still prefer them going through the "man-to-man" talk. You know, maybe something like this really cool proposal :



And so they did. And it was hilarious.
Grumpy ol' dad was getting the jitters himself, and ended up cracking all kinds of jokes. Most of these "jokes" were along the lines of :
Look son, I really like you and I think you're a good man. But if you ever hurt my baby girl I swear I will hunt you down and make you beg for me to kill you. 
To which my brother chimed in :
That makes two of us

Awww boys, I love you guys and all but let's cut back on the testosterone in that room. Thank you.


The Glitch

Our parents have never met each other. The first time I met his parents was around 2-3 weeks before he proposed! So if we were going to get married, this is time for an introduction season. Somehow, this brings to mind all kind of worst case scenarios reminiscent of Meet the Fockers.

Hoping real hard nothing like this happens.
Or this.

Getting Along Real Fine

The funniest thing happened. It turned out we were practically related!!!
His paternal grandfather (his dad's dad) were the nephew of my father's paternal grandmother (my dad's dad's mom - confused yet?). When his grandfather's family first came to the capital, they bunked at my grandfather's house. So practically there was a point where his grandfather and mine lived in the same home. 

Needless to say, practically no tension happened. The wedding is a go!

wheeeee......!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...